PhD, Columbia Business School
Areas of Expertise:Machine Learning, Bayesian Nonparametrics, Big Data, Choice Modeling, Text Mining, Recommender Systems
Dr. Li is Associate Professor of Marketing at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business. He received a Ph.D. in Marketing from Columbia University, a M.S. in Biomedical Engineering from Columbia University, and a B.S. in Electronics from Peking University. His research focuses on big data marketing analytics, with emphases related to pricing, consumer choice, and competitive strategy. Professor Li has published on leading academic journals such as Management Science, Marketing Science, and Journal of Marketing Research. At CKGSB, Dr. Li teaches marketing management to MBAs, EMBAs and Executive Education. He has also consulted for Tencent, Baidu and Yonghui Groups, and currently holds a US patent.
- English MBA
- Hongfang Culture: IP Management of Management Consulting Model, 2018
- Haier: User-driven Internet-based Transformation, 2016
- “Does Price Elasticity Vary with Economic Growth? A Cross-Category Analysis” with Brett Gordon and Avi Goldfarb, Journal of Marketing Research, 2013, 50(1), 4-23. (Lead Article).
(SAS and Stata codes available upon request)
- “A Bayesian Semiparametric Approach for Endogeneity and Heterogeneity in Consumer Choice Models” with Asim Ansari, Management Science, 2014, 60(5), 1161-1179.
(C code available upon request)
- “An Empirical Study of National vs. Local Pricing by Chain Stores under Competition“with Brett Gordon and Oded Netzer, Marketing Science, 2018, 37(5), 812-837.
(Matlab code available upon request)
- “Probabilistic Topic Model for Hybrid Recommender Systems: A Stochastic Variational Bayesian Approach” with Asim Ansari and Jonathan Z. Zhang, Marketing Science, 2018, 37(6), 987-1008.
(Mathematica code available upon request)
- “Modeling Dynamic Heterogeneity using Gaussian Processes” with Ryan Dew and Asim Ansari, Journal of Marketing Research, 2020, 57(1), 55-77. (Stan codes available upon request)
- “From Concrete to Contours: Exploring the Language of Care Conversations via Functional Data Analyses” with Grant Packard and Jonah Berger, 2019.
- “Scalable and Interpretable B2B Product Recommendations using Bayesian Co-Clustering” with Xugang Wang, 2019.
- “Intertwined Purchases and Investments: An Indian Buffet Mutually-Exciting Point Process Model for Internet Ecosystem” with Xiaojing Dong and Xiaosong Dong, 2019.
- “Modeling Category Captain Management with Dynamics and Demand Uncertainty” with Oded Koenigsberg.